|Aston Martin Car Type
||Aston Martin Engine Type
||VB 6 B/E
||LB 6 A/B
|DB 2/4 Mk 1
||VB 6 J
||LB 6 V
|DB 2/4 Mk 2
||LB 6 E
||VB 6 J/L1
||LB 6 V
|DB 3 S
||VB 6 K
|Plus equivalent Lagonda
- Thickness of walls and internal webs maximised from the original specification giving greatly improved beam, torsional ,transverse and tensile strength.
- Vaulting of buttresses supporting the water jacket lower platform in between liner pairs is maximised across block centre line.
- Rib and flange thickness including bearing housing receiving bores, and the bottom of block all increased to Works race engines series dimensions.
- Internal walls blended to water jacket platform with substantial radii.
- No core box induced longitudinal stress lines or wall thinning. Greatly increased tensile limiting loads.
- End cylinder head stud bosses extended laterally to blend into walls, and vertically, deepened by 5/16″.
- Transverse web integrity further ensured by omission of drillings for cheese alignment dowels (used as an aid in fitting but rendered functionally redundant by the main bearing oil transfer dowels).
- All VB6 blocks are machined as standard to accept 83mm bore liners for a capacity of 2922cc, or they can be machined to order for 78mm liners for a capacity of 2580cc for the DB2.
- Cylinder liner sealing is improved by the fitting of the supplied Nitrile “O” rings in grooves machined in liner spigot bore to compliment the original copper liner seating shims.
- Original oilway restrictions have been re-contoured and enlarged to substantially improve oil flow.
- Material used is Grade 220 cast iron to BS1452.
- All blocks are normalised by heat treatment after fettling and shot blasting. Furnace temperature is increased from 150°C to 580°C plus or minus 10°C at 100°C per hour and maintained for two hours. Cooling is at no more than 73°C per hour until cooled to 150°C.
- After heat treatment but before machining blocks are again shot blasted, and sprayed electrostatically with epoxy polyester to RAL3003 inside and out before further heat curing at 200°C.
Each new VB6 block is delivered with these accessories to assist the engine build.
- 1 x oil pump gear shaft bronze bush
- 1 x water pump drive spindle bronze bush
- 1 x 3/4″ BSF, 1 x 1/2″ BSF, 1 x 1/4″ BSF, 1 x 3/8″ BSF oil gallery blanking plugs
- 1 x 3/8″ BSP water gallery blanking plug
- 2 x 1″ water gallery blanking plugs
- 6 x 3mm nitrile liner seal “o” rings (plus two spares)
- 1 x threaded oil restrictor
- 4 x 7/16″ BSF x 4 5/8″ EN16 T rolled thread increased length head studs
- 1 x oil pressure relief open coil spring
- Touch up paint to match powder coating
- Unique number stamped on each casting
- Wood / fibreboard packing case with integral pallet for machine handling,
suitable for U.K. distribution or overseas shipment.