Feltham Aston Martin DBA Series Cylinder Block
|Aston Martin Car Type
||Aston Martin Engine Types
|DB Mk lll
||DBA, DBB, DBC, & DBD
- General wall thickness maximised on all internal and external sections after allowing for core box parting tapers.
- Outer vertical ribs on water jacket increased in section and extended, profiled, radiused, and blended into lower block sides, stud bosses and upper water gallery for maximum strength.
- Centre deck cast solid flush with lower edge of of cylinder bores radiused and profiled to the water jacket, the transverse straps and the sides of the block.
- Internal lateral straps increased, widened and deepened.
- Threaded holes added to facilitate rotating type workshop engine frames.
- All DBA blocks are machined to accept standard 83mm bore liners for a capacity of 2922cc.
- Material used is Grade 220 cast iron to BS1452.
- All blocks are normalised by heat treatment after fettling and shot blasting. Furnace temperature is increased from 150°C to 580°C plus or minus 10°C at 100°C per hour and maintained for two hours. Cooling is at no more than 73°C per hour until cooled to 150°C.
- After heat treatment but before machining blocks are again shot blasted, and sprayed electrostatically with epoxy polyester to RAL3003 inside and out before further heat curing at 200°C .
- 2 x bronze oil pump jack shaft bearings fitted and reamed to size secured with locating set screws machined to specific length.
- 6 x 1/4” BSP top water way blanking set screws.
- 3 x 1/8” BSP side water gallery blanking set screws.
- 3 x 1” dished waterway blanking plugs.
- Touch up paint to match powder coating.
- Unique number stamped on each casting
- Wood/fibreboard packing case with integral pallet for machine handling suitable for U.K. distribution or overseas shipment